1841 Sidor Kuznetsov founds the first porcelain and faience factory in the
Baltics. The factory is built in Ķengarags. (завод С.Т.Кузнецова)
1841 - 1851 The factory exclusively produces half-faience products.
1851 The factory starts to produce porcelain.
1864 Sidor Kuznetsov dies, and his son Matvey Kuznetsov takes over the production.
1872 The name of the factory is changed to „M.S. Kuzņecova porcelāna un fajansa trauku sabiedrība“ (M.S. Kuznetsov porcelain and faience tableware company), (Товарищество фарфоровой и фаянсовой посуды М.С.Кузнецова)
1882 The name of the factory is changed again to „M.S. Kuzņecova sabiedrības porcelāna un fajansa fabrika“ (M.S. Kuznetsov company’s porcelain and faience factory), which, along with other factories in Russia, belongs to !„!M.S. Kuzņecova porcelāna un fajansa trauku sabiedrība“ (M.S. Kuznetsov porcelain and faience tableware company), (Товарищество производства фарфоровых и фаянсовых изделий М.С.Кузнецова)
1915 As the First World War begins and the front approaches, the factory is evacuated to Russia.
1920 The Kuznetsov factory restarts its production.
1922 The company is registered as „A/S „M.S. Kuzņecovs“ porcelāna, fajansa un māla izstrādājumu fabrika“ (Joint- stock company „M.S. Kuzņecovs“ porcelain, faience and crockery factory).
1940 After the occupation of Latvia, the joint-stock company is nationalized and named „Sarkanā Zvaigzne“ (The Red Star).
1940 From September the factory is called „Rīgas keramikas fabrika“ (Riga ceramics factory).
1946 The factory is named to „Rīgas porcelāna un fajansa fabrika“ (Riga porcelain and faience factory).
1963 The factory is combined with „Rīgas porcelāna fabrika“ (Riga porcelain factory) and the combined company is called „Rīgas porcelāna un fajansa rūpnīca“ (Riga porcelain and faience factory).
1968 Production of faience is stopped, the company is called „Rīgas porcelāna rūpnīca“ (Riga porcelain factory).
1991 The company is named A/S „Rīgas porcelāns“ (Joint- stock company „Riga porcelain“).
1997 A/S „Rīgas porcelāns“ goes bankrupt.
2013-2014 Historical factory buildings are demolished, except the chimneys.
2016 Construction of a shopping center „Akropole“ begins in the territory of the factory.
1886 A German enterpreneur Jakob Karl Jessen establishes a porcelain factory in Jaunmīlgrāvis region in Riga.
1915 World War I starts and, as the frontline approaches, the factory is evacuated to Ukraine.
1933 Jessen factory moves back to its original location and resumes production.
1939 The factory closes due to repatriation of Germans - both owners and workers.
1940 The factory resumes production, renamed as "Rīgas porcelāna fabrika" (RPF).
1953 The artistic laboratory is established.
1963 RPF gets merged with "Rīgas porcelāna un fajansa fabrika", merged enterprise is renamed to "Rīgas porcelāna un fajansa rūpnīca" (RPFR).
1968 Production of faience is discontinued, and the factory is renamed to "Rīgas porcelāna rūpnīca" (RPR).
1991 Latvian-Swiss joint enterprise SIA „Latvpotik” starts working in the historical building of Jessen Factory.
1996 SIA “Jesena porcelāns” is established and renews the brand name „Jesens 1886 Rīga”.
2003 SIA “Jesena porcelāns” shuts down.